A delicious evening snack from Kerala with the richness of tropical flavors to share with your loved ones.
Ingredients for the batter
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Water: 1/2 – 1 cup or as required to make a good consistency
Mix all the ingredients together with a blender. The batter should be of medium thick consistency and without lumps.
Ingredients for the filling
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Plantain Banana – 1/2
- Sugar / brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 3 crushed
- Cashews and raisins – 1 tbsp each roasted in little ghee/butter
- Ghee / butter – 1 tsp
- In a pan, heat ghee/butter in a low setting and add all the ingredients for the filling and cook for 3 minutes and set aside. (Make sure to not to burn them)
- Heat the pan to medium and pour 1 ladle of batter. Spread the batter evenly like you do for a crepe. Flip when one side is cooked.
- Transfer to a plate and add 1 tbsp of filling.
- Roll slowly the wrap and cut in the center.
Voila! Keep in mind to add more filling to show more love! 🙂
Posted by: Abin Verghese / Marketing & Sales / Paris, France