Penne pasta in a creamy tomato and mascarpone sauce with Quorn sausages and mushrooms.
- Around 350ml of penne pasta.
- 350g Tomato and Mascarpone sauce.
- 4 Quorn sausages.
- 90g chestnut mushrooms
- Black pepper and salt
- Choice of fresh herbs for garnish
- Boil water in pan then add the penne pasta and some salt.
- Place the sausages in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 180℃
- Chop the mushrooms into smaller slices.
- Chop basil or other fresh herbs.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain the water from the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pasta, along with the sliced mushrooms.
- Take the sausages out of the oven and slice them, then adding them to the pan also.
- Stir all together well, leaving the heat on to ensure the sauce and mushrooms are cooked.
- Add black pepper and further small amount of salt.
Serve in a bowl and garnish with desired fresh herbs for some seasoning and splash of colour.
Overall cook time – 25 mins
Posted by: Melissa McLaren / Content / Aberdeen, Scotland