I know: calling something without chickpeas hummus is controversial, but because i did not have the main ingredient one day, I replaced them by kidney beans and found it delicious.While I was at it, I took black sesame to accentuate the unusual gray color.
- 1 small can of kidney beans (250g drained)
- 50g of black sesame paste (black tahini)
- Juice of one big lemon
- 4-5 table spoons of olive oil
- 3-4 table spoons of water
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Piment d’Espelette (alt. Cayenne pepper)
Through all of the ingredients besides the Piment d’Espelette into a mixer, and mix until smooth. Taste and add lemon juice or water if too thick and season more according to your taste.Place “hummus” into a bowl and decorate with some piment d’Espelette.
Posted by: Michael / Creative Director / Paris, France