An interpretation of a classic Southern Vietnamese vegan dish that goes well with rice.
- 2 boxes of soft tofu (2 patties)
- olive or peanut oil for frying
- 1 cup of chopped lemongrass
- 1 tsp onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dry red pepper
- Lightly sauté the Lemongrass Mixture in a pan with a teaspoon of oil.
- Cut the soft tofu into desired pieces. I prefer long rectangular slices, about ½ inch wide. Put them aside to dry for 1 hour.
- In another pan, deep fry the tofu slics (in about 2 cups of oil) on medium heat until crispy and golden brown. Put on paper towel to blot oil.
- Garnish with the lemongrass mixture.
Posted by: Thao / Finance / Tampa, FL USA.