Watermelon and feta salad is perfect summer salad i.e colorful, healthy and easy to make.
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon (about 1 small or 1/4 large), rind removed, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 pounds/1kg chunks after rind is discarded)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) juice from 1 lemon, plus 4 (2-inch) strips zest, removed with a sharp vegetable peeler
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup (10g) roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- Up to 4 ounces (1 quart) arugula leaves (optional; see note)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces (110g) feta cheese (see note)
- 1.Place watermelon chunks in a large bowl. Finely chop lemon zest. Add lemon juice and half of zest to bowl with watermelon. Add oil, mint, and arugula (if using) and toss until watermelon is evenly dressed. Season lightly to taste with salt and pepper. (The cheese will add saltiness, so go light on the salt at this stage.)
- 2.Transfer salad to a wide, shallow bowl or a large plate and spread out evenly. Crumble feta over the top. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest. Drizzle with more olive oil and a few grinds of black pepper. Serve immediately.
POSTED BY: Ronak / Content / Mumbai, India.