Greetings from South of France where I spend the summer far from the city stress. I came across these great gilthead sea breams on a local market, and googled several recipes to create my ‘best of’. I added some personal touches and wanted to share the delicious result with you.
- 2 gilthead sea breams (400-500g each)
- 1 fresh chopped fennel
- 1 freshly chopped onion
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 sliced lemon
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Fresh sage leaves
- 5-6 chopped garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Half a glass of dry white wine
- Let the fishmonger scale and empty the 2 fish.
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Add fennel and onion on the bottom of an oven dish.
- Place both fishes on vegetables. Put garlic and sage inside fishes. Position lemon and tomato slices on fishes.
- Sprinkle parsley over everything.
- Season with olive oil, white whine salt and pepper.
- Put in pre-heated oven for 20min, not more, not less.
- Depending on your diet, Fish is delicious as it is or with fresh baguette to enjoy the delicious sauce.
Posted by: Michael / Creative Director / Ramatuelle, France.