This recipe is dairy, gluten and refined sugar free.
- 50 g pure cacao butter buttons or pieces
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1.5 T maple syrup
- *Variations to mix up the flavour *
- ½ t pure vanilla extract
- 2 T finely chopped almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios or walnuts
- 2 T roughly chopped goji berries
- 2 T dried rose petals
- 2 T desiccated coconut, raw or lightly toasted
- 2 T cacao nibs
- 2 T finely chopped dried unsweetened cherries, blueberries or cranberries
- ½ tbsp finely zested orange or mandarin
- Sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped freeze dried strawberries
- Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over medium to low heat until liquid.
- Take off the heat
- Stir in the cacao. Mix well
- Stir in the maple syrup. Mix well
- Add one of the flavour variations mentioned above then pour into chocolate moulds or spread out onto a small roasting tray with non stick baking paper. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Turn the hard chocolate out of moulds or break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 weeks
Posted by: Kristina / Content / Sydney, Australia.