Fluffy and buttery, these buns are great on their own, or as a tasty accompaniment.
- ¾ to 1 cup (170g to 227g) of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons (28g) of butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 ½ cups (418g) of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cups (50g) of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast
- 1 ¼ teaspoons of salt
- Topping: melted butter
- Mix in all the ingredients and knead together. The goal is to get a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and let rise for 1-2 hours. It should have doubled in size.
- After the rise, gently deflate dough and divide it into 8 parts. Gently shape each piece into a round ball. As you work, cover the other pieces so as to not let them dry out. After you shape 8 balls, flatten them slightly.
- Place the buns on a greased baking sheet and cover. Let it rise for 1 hour, until puffy.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush the top of each bun with half of the melted butter.
- Let it bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and brush with the rest of the butter.
Posted by: Mia / Content / New York, USA