Super easy and tasty recipe! You can call it Shakshuka (as they say in Isarel), Huevos rancheros (as they say in Mexico) or Le uova in purgatorio (as they say in Italy).
-1 can of diced peeled tomatoes (400g)
-1/2 red pepper
-1 clove of garlic
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
-1 dry pepperoncini peppers
-Salt to taste
- -Peel and chop the onion and garlic; wash, dry and cut the pepper in half; discard the seeds and cut one half into small cubes – reserve the other half for a next recipe.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat. When heated, drizzle with olive oil, add onion and pepper. Add a pinch of salt and saute for about 4 minutes, until wilted. Add the garlic, season with the pepperoni pepper and stir for another minute.
- Lower the hear, add the peeled tomatoes (with the liquid), season with the oregano, salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until thick.
- With a spatula, open four cavities in the sauce – this is where the eggs will cook. Break the eggs into a bowl, one at a time, and transfer carefully. Season each egg with a pinch of salt and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, cover the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked and the egg yolks remain solf (if you prefer the cooked egg yolks, take the pan to the over preheated to 180ºC to finish cooking). Serve with Italian bread.
YIELDS: up to two portions
By: Stella / Social Media Editor / São Paulo, Brazil