This is a fresh, summery lunch or dinner. Perfect to cool off and still eat something nice and hearty.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil
- Optional: canned chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- Pine nuts
- Lemon juice
- Pasta of your choice
- Slice your onions and put in a bowl. Add pepper and some vinegar to soften the onions. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, dice some tomatoes and add them to the onions.
- Cut your fresh basil and add to the tomatoes, along with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Rinse the beans of your choice and add it along with some pine nuts.
- Add a little bit of lemon juice and olive oil
- Boil the pasta of your choice until it’s al dente and add it to the mixture. Serve cold with a cheese of your choice.
Posted by: Quang / Legal / Tampa, FL, USA