Fresh and savory, this dish is a great mix of different flavors and textures.
- 1 white onion
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 eggplant
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Pita chips
- Pine nuts
- Cranberries/pomegranate seeds
- Slice eggplant and lay on baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with olive oil and put in oven at 180 °C until crisp and brown.
- When the eggplant is done, take them out of the oven and put pita chips on a fresh baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden.
- Sautée 1 onion with salt and pepper.
- Add oregano, thyme, and basil.
- When the onions are translucent, add in 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Cook until both onions and chickpeas are brown.
- In a bowl, mix in yogurt, lemon juice, za’atar, garlic, thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, and honey. Add some milk to thin it out.
- Toast some pine nuts on the stove.
- For the plating: start with chickpea onion mixture, place some eggplant slices on top, add the pita chips with a dollop of yogurt sauce, and finish off with some rosemary, pine nuts, and some pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.
Posted by: Mia / Content / New York, USA