In this dish, the mung beans were dry roasted, pounded coarsely and then cooked with the glutinous rice and coconut milk on low heat. I love eating this snack drizzled with evaporated milk.
- 1 ½ cups glutinous rice (Sticky rice)
- 1 cup mung beans
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup cane-sugar
- evaporated milk (optional)
- Toast monggo beans (mung beans) until golden brown. Remove from fire.
- Then on a flat surface crush the toasted monggo beans with a rolling pin. Discard the loose skin from the crushed seeds.
- On another pan boil the glutinous rice with water.
- Add the coconut milk and sugar into the boiled glutinous rice.
- Add the toasted mung beans into the glutinous rice. Continue cooking until the monggo beans are cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with evaporated milk on top.
Posted by: Grace / Finance / Paris, France