Thanks to my Italian dear friend Simona Simoni that taught me this recipe, easy and full of flavours, while visiting me in Brazil. This dish is a light, delicious, Summer recipe.
- 200 gr Pasta, select your favorite cut
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil or parley, roughly chopped
- lemon juice, for serving (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the zucchini, garlic in gloves to flavor and remove before serving, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the squash is caramelized and golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the pasta, cheese, toss until melted. Add more pasta water if need to thin the sauce. Remove from the heat, add the basil. Transfer to a bowl and serve topped with fresh basil or parsley and lemon.
Posted by: Fernanda / Marketing; Sales / São Paulo, Brazil