The spinach flan is a side dish that doesn’t steal the scene to the main course, but accompanies it, dressing whatever it is on its Sunday best.
- 1Kg spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 gr 00 flour or rice flour
- Extra virgin olive oil just enough
- 300 cl cow’s milk (or rice milk, oats, spelt etc. milk)
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of grana cheese
- grated peel of a lemon.
- Boil or steam the spinach until tender. Make sure you rinse them well and take out all the water from the spinach.
- Fry the garlic clove crushed in a little oil.
- After steaming or boiling the spinach, add it to the pan with the garlic.
- add the flour and let the spinach absorb it
- Add the milk and cook it for 5 minutes
- Pour the obtained mixture into a bowl. Prepare the other ingredients which are 3 eggs, 4 tablespoons of grana cheese and the grated peel of a lemon.
- Add the eggs and the cheese
- Grate the cheese and mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon
- Use small molds, oil them, and fill them with the spinach mixture obtained. Place them on a baking tray and put hot water on the tray until halfway through the mould.
- Cover the tray with foil paper. Put in the oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, the surface of the flans must be solid, otherwise put it back in the oven for further minutes.
You can serve them either with:
- homemade tomato sauce
- cheese fondue
- mornay sauce
Posted by: Vittirio / Content / Milan, Italy