These small but flavorful little triangles are delicious and will definitely impress!
- filo pastry sheets
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 potatoes
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in cubes & boil for 15 minutes until tender. Put aside.
- Cut the onions in small cubes.
- Mix the tumeric, ginger, garam masala, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Then put onions, peas, potatoes, 2 teaspoons of your spice mixture in a pan with butter.
- Cook over medium heat until your onions are golden.
- Cut filo pastry circle sheet in half to have a semi-circle. Then fold in the rounded part so it looks like rectangle.
- Put a spoonful of filling on the filo. Fold over into a triangle shape. Keep repeating this until the end of the sheet. Then slowly tuck the end into the pocket.
- Repeat #7 with all your samosas until you run out of the mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the samosas until crisp and golden.
Tip: Different fillings can be swapped! For carnivores, ground beef and spinach are another alternative. However, the same spices must be preserved.
Posted by: Mia / Content / New York, USA