It’s actually a keto recipe (you know, keto diet is the no-carb one, quite trendy lately), but everyone can enjoy it and less flour will do you no harm!
- 2 cups cheese of your choice – grated (mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (or a seasoning of your choice such as basil, chives, garlic, dill weed, spicy chili, thyme, oregano etc…)
- Mix all the cheeses (grated cheeses and cream cheese) along with the almond flour in a microwave safe bowl and cook it for exactly one minute
- Immediately stir the ingredients until the almond flour and cheeses have combined fully. You want the cheese to be partially melted
- Allow this to cool for a few minutes because if you put the egg in these ingredients too soon it will cook the egg.
- Now add the egg, sea salt, and seasoning mix (1/2 teaspoon in total).
- Mix it together until all the ingredients are fully combined. If you cheese has gotten too hard or it’s too hard to mix, you can microwave your cheese for another 20 seconds to get it soft again.
- Now you will place the ball of dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Then place another sheet of parchment paper of equal size on top of the ball of dough.
- You can use your hands or a rolling pin to spread the dough out into a thin layer.
- Next, use a pizza cutter to cut the crackers into small squares.
- Bake these crackers on each side at 230°C for about 5-6 minutes on each side. If the crackers are thin, you will cook them about 5 minutes on each side but if the dough is thick, it may take 7 to 9 minutes to get the crispy cracker texture you are looking for.
- Around 40 crackers
Posted by: Carmen / Sales / Belgium