This one is a different i.e. easy and quick take on biryani, yet authentic and amazing. One of the them dishes which cannot easily be perfected, yet it is rich and complex in its ingredients and steps to cook This dish is popular throughout the Indian subcontinent, as well as among the diaspora from the region.
- 750g – 1 kg Chicken (veg option – Cottage Cheese / Cauliflower / Tofu)
- 6 Tomatoes (Finely chopped)
- 5 – 6 onions
- 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Fat Cardamom
- 4 tbsp Curd
- 400g Basmati Rice
- 2-3 Boiled Eggs
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Khus Khus (poppy seeds) soak it in water an hour or two before.
- Spices (red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken in Curd with salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and turmeric.
- Fry little potatoes and long cut onions for garnishing in the end.
- Boil eggs as well.
- Chop lots of onions and tomatoes.
- Put oil in a kadai (frying pan), along with Cinnamon, fat cardamom and cloves.
- Once they are burnt in oil, add chopped or minced onions and then ginger garlic paste.
- Once it is dark brown add tomatoes and all the spices i.e. salt, red chilli powder, haldi, coriander powder, garam masala, chicken masala if any.
- Mince the khus khus and add that too to the gravy.
- Simultaneously boil basmati rice with a pinch of saffron in it.
- Once all ready take a big casserole dish and put alternate layers of little cooked rice, then chicken masala on top, then rice, chicken masala, again rice and finally on the top boiled eggs, fried onions and potatoes.
- 3 – 4 People
Posted by: Ronak / Content / Mumbai, India