Brigadeiro is a genuinely Brazilian sweet. It’s also super easy and quick to make. Impossible to eat just one!
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 4 Tbsp chocolate powder
- Chocolate shavings or sprinkles
- Pour the condensed milk, chocolate powder and butter into a medium pan. Stir with a silicon spatula until smooth.
- Place over medium heat and stir constantly until beginning to bubble around the edges.
- Reduce the heat to maintain a slow simmer.
- Continue stirring until the mixture darkens and thickens. Adjust the temperature if necessary to keep the mixture from burning.
- Be careful to scrape the sides and bottom of the pan well.
- After about 10 minutes the mixture should be thick. Turn off the heat.
- Smear a little of butter onto a plate and spread the mixture out.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil your hands with butter and roll the mixture into small balls.
- Coat in chocolate shavings or whatever you like: sprinkles, pistachio, almonds, cocoa powder…
- Place each brigadeiro into a paper cup.
20 small brigadeiros
Posted by: Stella / Content / São Paulo, Brazil