A fun recipe to try. Watch as textures go from powdery to sticky to ultra airy.
- 4 eggs
- 150 g of parmesan
- 150 g flour
- 80 g butter + some to butter pan
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees C. Butter cookie sheet.
- Boil 25 cl water with butter cut in cubes and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add flour.
- Put back onto stove at low heat. Stir quickly and dry out the batter (approx. 1 minute).
- Remove from heat. Let batter cool down for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one by one. Mix well using an electric hand mixer so batter is smooth and not bumpy.
- Add the parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Using two spoons, spoon out batter forming little balls onto the buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and fluffy.
14-20 gougères, depending on size
By: Lan, Founder & CEO / Paris, France