This is a classic Filipino dish. Every family has their own slight variation of this recipe. Here’s mine.
- 8 chicken pieces – wings
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 2 squeezed lemon juice (More or less ¼ cup of lemon juice)
- 1 medium size carrot, cut in large chunks
- 2 medium size potato, cut in large chunks
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn (crushed is fine too)
- Spring onion as garnish (Optional).
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Pan-fry chicken, until slightly brown
- Take out the chicken out of the pan, set aside.
- To the same pan throw 5 cloves of crushed garlic until fragrant (>/< 1 minute)
- Add the cuts of carrots and potatoes until well done (>/< 3mins)
- Put back the chicken that was set aside earlier, stir and simmer for a minute.
- Add dried bay leaves, whole peppercorn, and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Pour-in the lemon juice, ½ cup of soy sauce and 1 ¼ cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with simple but fragrant rice, Enjoy!
YIELDS: 4 servings
By: Grace / Finance / Paris, France