A delicious buttery almond biscuit my grandmother used to make at Easter. This is her recipe.
- 2.5 cups flour
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3-4 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven at 250C
- Soften butter with wooded spoon in a large bowl
- Add, egg yolk, baking powder and vanilla extract and mix together
- Sift flour once in a bowl, then once again into the butter mix
- Gently knead the flour and butter mix into a dough
- Take one table spoon of dough and form into half moons and place on flat baking tray. Repeat this step until there is no more dough
- Turn oven down to 220C and place biscuits on bottom tray
- Bake on bottom tray for 5 minutes
- Then move to top tray and bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes or until golden. Keep an eye on them as they cook rapidly.
- Take them out of oven and let cool
- Place one layer of biscuits on a plate and dust with icing sugar, repeat.
Posted by: Kristina / Content / Sydney, Australia