An irresistible French classic that is quick and easy to make using very few ingredients.
- 75 g sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 50 g flour
- 80 melted butter
- 40g raw sliced almonds
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites and sugar until firm peaks are formed.
- Slowly add flour and melted butter. Then add egg yolk and almonds. The batter should be thin and liquidy.
- Butter a cookie sheet/parchment paper/foil.
- Drop teaspoon of batter onto cookie sheet/parchment paper/foil and spread very thinly into an oval shape.
- Scatter a few extra almonds on top to garnish.
- Bake for 5 minutes until edges become golden brown. Be careful not to over or underbake – this is the tricky part!
- Remove and let cool.
- Optional: take each biscuit and drape over a round rolling pin or bottle to form the “tuiles” (curved rooftile) shape.
- 24 Biscuits
Posted by: Lan / Founder & CEO / Paris, France; Florida, USA