I’ve tried a lot of brownie recipes till I found this one, but now the search is over, these are definitely the best brownies ever! It’s actually a Trish Deseine recipe that I slightly modified. It’s quick and easy to prepare and the result will not disappoint you!
- 150 g brown sugar
- 150 g of dark chocolate (50% cocoa minimum)
- 90 g of butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 90 g of flour
- 50 g walnuts (or pecans) roughly crushed
- 50 g chocolate chips (or roughly crushed)l
- a pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Mix the sugar and the eggs for at least 5min.(very important!) with a pinch of salt. Add the chocolate mix to the eggs and mix to obtain a homogeneous paste. Finish by incorporating the sifted flour, the walnuts and chocolate chips and mix everything with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into a pan covered with a parchment paper (a 20 cm square pan is ideal). Bake at 180° C for 15-20 minutes. Watch the cooking carefully, it depends on the size of your pan and your oven.
The brownie should not be overcooked, the heart should still be very soft and tender. You can check by inserting a toothpick: if it comes out clean, you’re done! Let cool for at least 30 minutes (is difficult to cut when hot).
16 large brownies
Posted by: Carmen / Sales / Brussels, Belgium